Pageant

:) I finally got out of the house :) I have been quite the homebody lately. Today Matt and I went to see Sean's play, Pageant, in Park City. Pageant is an actual beauty pageant. The characters are all women. The cast, however, is not. In fact, none of them are. The show was hillarious. Most of the contestants looked better in their dresses and swimsuits than I do. Now I admit, that's not a HUGE order, but you know what I mean. Each contestant must compete in swimsuit, talent, evening gown, physical fitness, spokesperson, and Beauty Crisis Hotline competitions. The pageant is judged by 6 judges chosen from the audience. So one never really knows who will be the winner. Today, Sean was chosen as Miss Glamouresse. He totally deserved it.
I have not laughed so hard in a very long time. According to the people we were chatting with after, who have apparently seen it 4 times, say it is best if Miss Texas doesn't win. She was a great sport... if great sports pout, sulk, and don't bother to put their heels back on. Miss Deep South provided quite the entertainment as well. She was the most ungraceful person - male or female - I have ever seen in a dress. Miss Biblebelt would have been my first runner up. Her talent involved a song called "Bankin on Jesus," something we all should be doing a little more of in our economic turmoil :)
If any of you are going to be in Park City in the next week, I think it runs til next Saturday :)

1 comments:

    Hey girl, I love your blog.
    Thanks for the email on Cory, we appreciate it.
    www.skinnsters.blogspot.com

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum