I love the zoo. I haven't been for ages, but I figure having John in town gives me an excuse to do the things I like to do but don't get to do often. We went in the morning. It was bound to be another hot day, but we're silly like that.

Tee hee hee, this gorilla made me giggle. He just looks just plum tuckered.

After the zoo, John got his first taste of Taco Bell. I am sure right now you are thinking.... what in the devil would she take him there for, but, well, this is my story so I get to take him to places I enjoy, and there is very little better than a chalupa and a cold Mt Dew :) Speaking of soda, he also tried root beer. He says it is terrible and tastes like medicine. I am actually not a fan of the drink myself, but it's very american so he had to try it :)

In the evening we went to see Monica compete at her feis. It was actually pretty cool. I've seen Monica perform, but never compete. She did really well, no matter what she tells you.


After the competition John took me to The Roof. It was just as gorgeous as everyone says it is. The view of the Salt Lake valley is amazing, and of course Temple Square. We were surrounded by couples celebrating anniversaries and birthdays and such.

Over all a lovely day.


Today... today John met my grandparents, and he has lived to tell the tale :) We spent the afternoon there, picked cherries in the back yard, and spent the day listening to stories.

Life is good.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum