The other side of the pond

Hellooo :) I thought I had better stop a moment to tell everyone what a wonderful week I am having. On Tuesday I got on a plane and came to Manchester to see John. Wednesday morning, h met me at the airport and brought me home to Rochdale. We dropped off my bags and went for a walk down to the garden center, Gordon Riggs. Yes, really the garden center :) Ok, really it was just on our way down to the grocery store. It was interesting. Some things are very similar, some a different. By the time we were done wandering, I was fading fast. (I didn't so much actually sleep on the way over). John let me off easy and we came home.
Thursday, we went into Milnrow. We wandered around the shopping center and ran some errands down to his work and such. When we got back to the center we saw Sean Wilson (aka Martin Platt) from Coronation Street, standing outside the McDonalds having a Big Mac with his kids. Ok, so it really didn't do anything for me either, but apparently he's a big celebrity here. Everyone in the square was pointing and whispering.
Today John and I went to Hollingworth Lake. It is a pretty little lake near the South Penines in the North west of England It was absolutely gorgeous, and the day could not have been anymore lovely. Infact, my face is actually sunburned. I didn't know you could actually get a sunburn in England? We got proper fish and chips and a 99 with a flake and walked around the lake. There were families everywhere, flocking to the lake on such a pretty day. John says it will be super busy tomorrow on a non work day. We also peeked in on a tea room, but since we had already had our meal and our sweet we decided not to stop. I really can't get over just what a lovely day it was.
I've been in England for 3 days and it hasn't rained yet. That is supposed to change tomorrow, which is why we are planning a day in Manchester.

I am including pictures from our walk today. I hope you enjoy them.

















4 comments:

    it looks so pretty! I have never even had the desire to go there but maybe that could change! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

     

    Fun.... what a pretty place to run away to. It looks like you guys are having a good time. Enjoy yourself and have a blast.

     

    Wow, it's beautiful there! You just fit right in, are you sure you're not secretly British? I hope the rest of your trip is as great!

     
    On 8:38 AM, April 05, 2009 Anonymous said...

    To my world traveler friend.You know I miss it and I'm jealous! It doesn't take much to make me jealous though. The goal is for me to get back in 2010. Be safe and I'll keep checkin out the blog! Tell John I said hello!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum