Tonight I would like to dedicate my blog entry to one of the most amazing people to have ever been a part of my life. My aunt Janet is loved by everyone who knows her. It was no surprise to find out she was a nurse, because if all nurses were as caring as she was, no one would mind being sick. Janet loved people. She had a genuine interest in others. Her bedside manner was appreciated by any who had the need to experience it.

If you want something to get done, you ask a busy person to do it. I am pretty sure Janet had a “busy person” sign on her back. She never said no, and she always found a way to get things done while not letting other things slack. She knew what her priorities were.

Janet loved her family. While she was a nurse, EMT, student, and Youth Leader, the most important thing in her life were her children and grandchildren. She never missed a rodeo, ball game, track meet, or activity. She spent quality time with those she held most dear.

Janet loved the Lord. She served for many years in the Young Women’s program. She helped with the scouts. She served her family. She was a visiting teacher. She helped in primary. She was willing to do whatever was asked of her in the community. Her husband served in the bishopbric while she faithfully cared for things so he could serve as well. She had a ready smile and hug. It was never a loud thing, but she was always in the background getting things done. She lived a life of love and service.

I could truly fill pages of all of the things this woman meant to me. Growing up she was my best friend’s mom, she was my nurse, she was my friend. She was the one who taught me how to make sticky buns and cinnamon toast. She made me never feel bad for loving a taste of chocolate. She told me when I should see a doctor, but when I was stubborn she told me what else I could try as well. When I had to go to the doctor anyway, she NEVER said, “I told you so.” She was glorious at mending broken skin AND hurt feelings.

We will miss you, Janet. Until we meet again, we will miss you.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum