Swamp Coolers run on water

For the first time in 2 months, our home is finally below 70. This may not seem like a big thing, but my husband's body temperature runs just a little warmer than most and he is sweating anytime it is above 65, possibly lower. Why have you let your house be so warm then? You ask.
Well, the first part of August, our condos got new roofs. This meant that the old swamp coolers had to be replaced. They were old and they were leaking and they were ruining the roofs. OK. So we made arrangements with the man who does the upkeep on the coolers for the condo. He gave us a great deal because so many of us needed the coolers.
A great deal can be deceiving. Assuming that he knew when the roofs were going to be done, (which he did) we also assumed that he would be working on the coolers once that work was done (which he did not.) He promised the lady next door her cooler would be in by Labor Day. He told us that we were next on his list. He came by a week AFTER Labor Day to get our deposit, which I had only found out he wanted because I was talking to the neighbors. He never actually said anything about it, until he needed it. He bought the cooler and put it on the roof a couple of days later.... Last Monday I called and asked him when he was coming. He said he would be there that day. He actually showed up on Tuesday, but didn't finish. Friday he came back and called and told us he wasn't done, but we could use the cooler. Friday night, we found water in our back hallway... Yep, really. So, we shut the cooler off, made a few phone calls and got the water shut off. Promising to be back on Monday.... he showed up on Tuesday again, but forgot to tell us. Today he called and said the leak was fixed, try the cooler. You guessed it, more water. When we called, he said he was on his way back. 3 hours later, he is back on the roof, fixes 2 other issues, still more water. Finally he takes the cooler's drain tube out of the pipe that runs down inside the walls, into the sewer line, and we try again. Currently, there is no new water.
What does that mean? It means that the pipe in the wall is broken. What does that mean? Well, to be fair, I am not sure, but I am sure that it validates my theory. If there are water problems to be had - I will find them.
For what it is worth - my condo was flooded and remodeled twice in the year or so that I was neglecting my blog. My husband has promised we can start looking to run away from here as soon as he finishes school. Fingers crossed.

1 comments:

    I think there is still 1 house for sale in my neighborhood - the neighborhood and ward are great!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum