Dav and Dollywood: part 3

Dav is posting our trip in video form on youtube. Part 1 is up now.
http://t.co/lDj2HWX


Wednesday! DOLLYWOOD DAY!!!!

It started with great anticipation and excitement. I was not disappointed. We had a 2 hour drive to the park, so we started with the breakfast Jonathon said we had to try. Straight from the gas station, the deli inside was called “Big As Biscuits.” And, they were… really big ;) We pulled into Pigeon Forge and we were bombarded on every side with “As seen on TV” stores and go cart tracks. It’s like Vegas gone family, but really that’s not what today was to be about. We got to the park shortly after it opened, parked, rode the tram and … HOORAY!!!

Dollywood was everything it promised to be. All kinds of backwoods fun ;) I really liked the village with all of the craftsmen. It was fun to watch the glass blowers for a little bit, the wood and leather workers, and THEN we found the rides. I like roller coasters – but I hate the Ups. Dav made fun of me. I won’t open my eyes until the coaster starts its downward fall. However I LOVE the fall. The Mystery Mine coaster was NOT my favorite. I was on the outside of the car and the angle made the turns feel really funky. PLUS there are extra Ups. Straight Ups. The only thing that makes them worth it, is the straight downs that follow ;) Another awesome thing about the day is that the lines were nonexistent. I am pretty sure it was senior citizen day at the park. There was not a Jazzy to be found at the rental spot. Jazzy riders don’t ride roller coasters.

As we were making our second loop around the rides, Dav gave in and decided he was indeed going to ride the zip line. As much as I love roller coasters, they do not always love me. Plus, let us remember I am afraid of heights. I was more than content to hang out in the shopping emporium and do a little people watching in the front square while he went on this part of the adventure. I am told that I missed out and now Dav wants to go to Hawaii where a similar system of zip lines is set up but instead of an hour and a half, it’s a 6 hour tour. Enjoy the zip line I say – I will go snorkeling ;)
After our fabulous day of Dollywood our adventure was not complete. Our next stop was the Dixie Land Stampede! The set up is like Medieval Times, if you’re familiar with that. We, of course, chose to cheer for the South. The show was way fun! Cannon would have been in heaven. The horses, wagons, trick riders were so fun to watch. Dinner could have been terrible and I would still be raving, but it wasn’t. Dinner was tasty! And what dinner isn’t better when you get to eat it all with your hands?? The South was ahead all night, until the last competition. Be not afraid. The South WILL rise again ;)

After dinner, we went across the street, checked into the hotel, left our stuff in our rooms and of course – went to Wal-Mart. As an FYI, Google maps does NOT know how to get to the Pigeon Forge Wal-Mart – even if it says it does.. Finding the store was far more fun than wandering around. We gave up and decided to drive to Gatlinburg, just to see what was there. We almost gave up before we got to the part of town we were looking for, fortunately we kept exploring. Really the town is just a bit more tourist trap, but a little less “fun park” and a little more “Park City” esque. I would really like to make the trip in the day time at some point. The canyon seemed like it should be beautiful, except it was the middle of the dark.

1 comments:

    Yay!!!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum