Dav and Dollywood: part 1

Disclaimer - I don't actually take photos. There are many that exist, but they will come at a date that is still tbd.


Monday started very early. My FABULOUS airport shuttle (aka, Liz) picked me up at 5. She even showed up with breakfast, which I had totally spaced. The beauty of flying standby is that the earlier you check in, the higher you are on the list. So once I checked in I went to my gate to await my fate. The part I missed is that I needed to wait by the service desk. As they started boarding the flight I went to see what was going on. Yeah, I had totally missed them calling me up so they had taken me OFF the list. I was, however very fortunate and there were 2 seats left. So, I was on my way :)

My flights were quiet, which is exactly how we like flights. I had forgotten how easy it is to make connections when you stay on one airline the entire time. No extra security passes, no running from concourse to concourse. It was a good day of travel. I landed in Louisville on time and as expected and HOORAY! Dav!!!

The drive to Dav’s house was so pretty. Utah has all kinds of beautiful, but not this kind. So many trees, so much green. Once we got out of the city, the countryside is dotted with the classic image of horse farms and small towns. I can absolutely understand why he is so drawn to this place.

We dropped off my stuff; I got a tour of the town (which took about as long as a tour of Dingle); and we were off to dinner. Dinner was at the Richins’ home. This family is amazing. It makes my heart happy to know they have “adopted” Dav. Their little girls are beautiful and Rhonda and Ryan are awesome. Dinner was aMaZiNg and dessert is still lingering on my mind. I NEED the recipe. We had fun with the girls and their new playground until it was time to leave. On the way home we drove past the temple and I got to see more of the area.

1 comments:

    So you realize that this is a very small part 1?

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum