Merry Christmas

For lack of originality, I am posting the letter that I sent with my Christmas cards this year.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

While it seems like a billion things have changed this year, I must admit I am struggling to think about what to put in this letter. I am still working with Convergys and I am still in Salt Lake. I have been a home owner for a year now. That has been a little bit crazy. Last January when it was SOOOO cold, my kitchen pipes burst. I learned a couple of very valuable lessons, like where the water shut off valve is, AND that family and friends are awesome. I made a couple of tear filled phone calls and in a few hours, Jeff and his boys were here to rescue my carpets. Another couple of calls and I found out how to use my home warranty to get a plumber here – on a Sunday afternoon emergency. The end result was a new kitchen remodel with the majority of the cost being paid by the insurance. Talk about a blessing in disguise. I also had my bathroom remodeled – that one I had planned ;) If you are ever hanging around in Salt Lake, come on over. It’s been almost a year, but I still like showing it off :)
Cannon turned 8 this year. Can you believe it? He was baptized in May. He asked yours truly to give a talk on baptism, and Aunt Janet to speak on the Holy Ghost. It was a very special day and now a very special memory. In July Mom had surgery and came down to my house to recover (or at least hang out with me until she could go back to work.) It turned out to be the most perfect thing that could have happened. A couple of days into her recuperation, she ended up taking me to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with kidney stones, which resulted in me having surgery 2 days later. If mom had not been around, I would have been alone. And you know me, I am stubborn. I would have never actually gone to the emergency room on my own.
Work let me travel again this year. I got to visit our sites in Cincinnati, Houston, Laredo, and Baton Rouge. The Baton Rouge trip was great because it coincided with Mardi Gras, and we managed to take a night trip down to New Orleans. Eric, our friend/ tour guide, tried to tell us what it was like before Katrina. It was interesting to see the after effects and to see the city trying to come back to life. I also got to spend 10 days in Jacksonville, FL. I was there over a weekend so I got to visit St Augustine (the countries oldest continuously inhabited settlement) and The Kennedy Space Center. The best part of Jacksonville was actually getting to spend time with my coworker/friend Curtis and his super cute wife Amy and getting to meet my friend Brian and his wife Liz and adorable daughter, who I had heard so much about for 3 years now :)
I had 2 favorite parts of the year. One was 3 weeks right in the middle when the guy I’ve been talking to online came to Salt Lake. His name is John. He is from Manchester England. We had a fabulous time. I made sure he saw all the typical Salt Lake attractions, and then we spent a week in Dingle as well. It must have gone well; he thinks he wants to come back and stay on a little more permanent basis. We’re working on that.
The other favorite part was my trip to Cancun. It was freaking fabulous! Mom and I got to leave the country, spend some time in the sun and just enjoy an all expenses paid trip paid for NOT by us :) Thanks Convergys! It was really great; and spending a week away from a cell phone or internet connection and spending it WITH the person I would have wanted to call and tell all about everything anyway – what could be better?
The year has been far from smooth, but it has been filled with blessings and even more with learning to recognize them. I think the greatest thing I have learned this year is just how much my Heavenly Father loves me. While this year has seen more than its share of difficulties, it has also seen more than its share of joys. The trials and sorrows that have been experienced this year have been life altering, but I have never even had time to doubt that He is aware of me, before I turn and He has blessed me again.

Merry Christmas, Loved ones!

1 comments:

    On 9:12 AM, December 24, 2007 Anonymous said...

    Merry Christmas! I am embarrased to say that I did not get your Christmas card in the mail in time to make it to you before Christmas. Anyway, have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year!

    Your Friend,

    Rod

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum