Uncle Harry

I went to the funeral of a man I didn't really know well, today. He came to our family about the same time that I was moving away. 14 years ago, Harry married my Great Aunt Helen Rae. She is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet - and I do suggest you meet her. Listening to his family and friends talk about him today, made me wish I had gotten to know him better. I know that sometimes at funerals you think - wow, did these people really know the same person I did? But today that was not the case.
Today, I think I want to be a little better... so that when you silly bums have to talk at my funeral - you can be as genuine as his family was.

1 comments:

    On 2:29 AM, February 09, 2010 Anonymous said...

    I'll play the organ.

    -M-

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum