My happy weekend

I have just had the best weekend I've had in a very long time. Not only did I get to spend it at home - but I really didn't have to work :) I got home Wednesday afternoon. I had an appointment set up to be zoned. It was interesting. Everyone was asking me if I felt better after she was done. To be honest, I wasn't feeling bad when I went in, so I can't really say. She did tell me some things I already knew, but she probably shouldn't have. And she adjusted my back.... with my feet.... which is much less poppy than the chiropractor.
Wednesday night we had to take the pigs in for their ultra sound and prefair weigh-in. What we found out is that the pigs have been eating well. For the next 2 weeks - they have to EXERCISE :)

Thursday morning we packed and got ready for our camping trip. I tried really hard to be useful. Mom and I are kind of tag-alongs. We don't have our own camper, so we live off the goodwill of others. I figure if I help out as much as possible, they won't get toooooo tired of us ;)

We got out to the campground Thursday afternoon and helped set up and get the kids tents up. I love camping with my family. I must admit we cheat a little. We don't camp so far away from home that we can't run home and take a shower if needed. Most don't, but I am a creature of comfort. BUT - that's not why I love camping with my family. I love it because we just kick back, chat, play cards, take naps, watch the kids play in the water... And this round of camping ended in our family reunion!

Friday night we ended up having a bit of an unplanned potluck party. We had previously decided to have an early birthday cake for my mom, but it snowballed a bit. It was fun. Folks just brought whatever they had planned for dinner over to our camp area and we got to enjoy a bit of everything.

Saturday was the reunion. I didn't count this year, nor did I hear someone else's total, but it felt about the same as it has for a while - different people, but about the same amount. If I had to guess I'd say we had around 100. If everyone would actually come, we could easily double that number. Someday, maybe...but in general there is enough rotation in the crowd that you can keep up with most everyone :)

Saturday evening after we got unpacked we went back in to town. It was Butch Cassidy Days and they were having a fireworks show in honor of it... Or so they say - I vote they were having them for my mom's birthday. Well, maybe they WERE for Butch Cassidy, because if they were for my mom, they would have been MUCH bigger :) If you know my mom, you know I am serious :)

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum